About our school
At West Virginia Virtual Academy (WVVA), your child can learn in the ways that are right for them—at home, on the road, or wherever there's an internet connection. But the benefits of online school extend far beyond convenience and can make a big difference for your student.
Benefits of Online Schooling with WVVA
While the benefits of a personalized education experience will be different for each student, some of the main advantages WVVA families enjoy are as follows:
- Public school at home empowers families to control their school environment.
- Students work at their own pace, adjusting the amount of time they spend on topics based on their rate of understanding.
- Online school allows families to balance learning with other commitments such as work, extracurricular activities, or family responsibilities.
- Learning online helps students expand their understanding as students from various backgrounds come together in virtual classrooms to exchange ideas and perspectives.
- Online learning hones digital literacy skills, a crucial competence in the modern workforce.
WVVA at a Glance
Open to full-time West Virginia residents in grades K–11*
Personalized approach to education
Comprehensive support from experienced, West Virginia-certified teachers
Career and college prep for grades 6–11*
Honors and AP® courses
At West Virginia Virtual Academy, we believe kindness is a key part of creating a safe learning environment. Join other students and families across the nation in spreading kindness every day. To learn more about our Be Kind 365 campaign, be sure to follow, like, and subscribe to our social media channels.
The Support You and Your Student Need
Our teachers are committed to helping your family succeed with online learning. They provide instruction and support as your child works through the curriculum. Keep the lines of communication open through:
You'll also receive textbooks and other hands-on materials delivered right to your door! These offline materials complement the interactive online elements of the lessons and vary by grade and course.
Get answers to the most common FAQs.
Ready to Join Us?
Create or access your existing Parent Portal account to begin the enrollment process
*West Virginia Virtual Academy currently enrolls students in grades K-11 for 2023-2024 school year. One additional grade level will be added with each subsequent year until the school is fully operational for K-12.